2018 CSC Scholarship Guide for Postgraduate Program
Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics (NUAA) is one of China’s premier learning and research institutions in Aerospace Engineering. Located in the richest and most developed area in Jiangsu Province, we have strived to conduct world-level research and education system. Nearly 60 years’ history witnesses its unremitting efforts and remarkable achievements. Academia and education at NUAA represent strong capacity among all the universities in China. It has acquired national status through the quality of its excellent research work. We’d like you to explore more about NUAA and success together with us!
In order to promote the mutual understanding, cooperation and exchanges in various fields between China and other countries, the Chinese government has set up a series of scholarship programs to sponsor international students, teachers and scholars to study and conduct research in NUAA.
This is a full scholarship for designated Chinese universities and certain provincial education offices in specific provinces or autonomous regions to recruit outstanding international students for graduate studies in China. It only supports postgraduate students.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2018 (CSC's Website) and April 30, 2018 on NUAA's website.
Application Programs: Masters’ Degree or PhD Degree
This scholarship only supports master’s students for no more than 3 academic years or doctoral students for no more than 4 academic years. The scholarship covers both major study and Chinese language/preparatory study, as specified in the Admission Letter.
1. Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health;
2. The requirements for applicants’ degree and age are that applicants must be:
-a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for the master’s programs;
-a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for the doctoral programs.
3. Applicants may not receive any other types of scholarship.
4. Applicants should have good academic performance and strong capacity in scientific research.
5. Students who are currently pursuing their final year could also apply as long as they can obtain their graduation diploma before enrolling at the university.
III. Application Documents
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship;
2. Notarized highest diploma;
3. Academic transcripts;
4. A Study Plan or Research Proposal; (This should be a minimum of 800 words.)
5. Two Recommendation Letters; Applicants must submit two recommendation letters signed by a professor or an associate professor.
7. Foreigner Physical Examination Form (photocopy); (Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.)
8. The copy of valid HSK Certificate (if available), TOEFL or IELTS; (If applicable)
Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations. (You should submit two sets of bound documents). No application documents will be returned.
IV. Application Procedure
1. Visit and register at CGS Information System (http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or http://www.campuschina.org and click “Application Online”). Fill in the correct agency number (Agency number for NUAA is 10287);
2. Complete the online application procedure at CGS Information System. Applicants are required to select major, please select the correct discipline (for more information about the major, please refer to this link: http://iao.nuaa.edu.cn/masters-taught-in-english.html)
3. Download the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship and print two hard copies.
4. Apply Online from NUAA’s Online Application page http://studyatnuaa.org
Please do not post-mail your hard copy, only selected students will be requested to send the hard copies of the documents after preliminary selection.
5. Pay the mandatory non-refundable application fee of CNY 400 or USD$75. (Documents will be assessed for only those who have successfully paid the application fees)
6. Selected applicants will be notified by email, please make sure to check your email during the months of April-June (depend on the final result from CSC). Only after the confirmation of the selected candidate, university will dispatch the admission notice and other required documents for applying X1 student visa.
7. Scholarship will not be reserved if scholarship recipient cannot register before the registration deadline.
NUAA does not provide China Government Scholarship for Undergraduate program, please contact the Chinese Embassy in your home country for details about CGS Scholarship for undergraduate program. For more information please refer to http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua
Please do not send the hard copy of application documents unless requested by the Postgraduate Office of NUAA. Application Deadline to Apply at NUAA’s Website: 30th April, 2018
Scholarship Results Announcement: End of May, 2018 for (CSC and TSP Scholarship)